Morning! Today I am back with another “Current Faves” post. It seems these are working out to be a monthly thing after all (I just jinxed myself). I’ve been really into blogging lately and just had the urge to write this post. I find blogging quite relaxing and much less stressful than making videos since I can do it in my PJ’s and with my hair in a bun and not worry about my kitty running through and knocking everything down.
Anyways, lately I’ve tried a lot of new products since I bought quite a lot on my vacation to Canada (which you can read about here) so I have a lot of favorites ranging from the tech I use to purple shampoos to new skincare so let’s get started!
- ACER CHROMEBOOK 15 – I’ve had my Chromebook for about half a year now and I must say, I love it more than any other laptop/computer I’ve ever had. In early 2015, my last laptop broke physically. One of the hinges gave up on being a hinge and although I tried to order a replacement, it just didn’t work. The laptop was also super slow and could barely do anything so I found myself almost never reaching for my computer; I pretty much did everything I could on my phone (multi window phablet!) or my work laptop. Finally in December, I decided I needed to replace my laptop since I didn’t always feel comfortable doing person things (like storing photos) on my work laptop. I had a few requirements for this laptop Cheap – I didn’t want to spend a lot since I mostly just blog and watch YouTube videos, Light – I travel a lot and didn’t want to carry around anything too heavy, 15″ Screen – The other thing that bothered me about my work laptop was that it had a 13″ screen which just felt too small for me, and White – Hahaha…I like white colored tech…
So lucky for me, this Chromebook is all of those, but you have to know what you’re getting yourself into. Before I even got this Chromebook, I was a devote Google nerd. I loved my android, gmail, google photos, drive…etc. My life was backed up into the Google cloud so I didn’t mind that the chromebook has onlh 16 GB of local storage and can only run Chrome apps/extensions (will be able to run android apps later this year). All my photos are on the cloud and I mostly websurf and blog so I didn’t need much power or the abilty to play games. Haha basically this thing is just what I needed.
- Sony RX100 Mark III – Haha so after that crazy long ramble, lets keep this one short and sweet. Mike got me this camera as part of my one year anniversary gift. You all know I love pictures and this has been so nice to have on vacation and for instagram and blogging. I really wish I had it earlier for our other vacations.
- Pravana The Perfect Blonde Masque & Leave-In Treatment – Purple everything! If you follow me on instagram then you’ll know I recently went back to gray ashy blonde hair. Because of this, my hair needs to be toned at least once a week to keep it from getting very brassy and orange. These two products smell great and the Masque is moisturizing and SUPER purple so they work great.
- dpHUE Cool Bloonde Shampoo & Conditioner – I had never heard of this brand before, but I read that these products were great so I tried them out. Many purple shampoos are very drying, but this one isn’t. It’s actually quite moisturizing and smells great too! The shampoo is SUPER dark purple too which makes it really effective.
- Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Oil – My hair has been through a lot of chemicals and colors so I definitely needed to give it more care, love, and moisture. My hair stylist used this on me at my salon and I was sold. I can use it on damp and dry hair (usually after I curl it) and it doesn’t make my hair look oily, but makes it feel great and healthy and shiny.
- Vichy Aquaila Thermal Dynamic Hydration Serum – I picked this up randomly in Canada because I was told to try out Vichy skincare (I didn’t realize they were in the US too). I chose this serum because it promised hydration and my skin was seriously dry and dying this past month. This fixed it soooo quickly, within maybe a day. I’ve been using this day and night and it has been great. My skin is moisturized, but not oily. Some may not like the scent, but I find it really nice and clean.
- LUSH Oatifix Face Mask – I was given a sample of this and I fell in love. It smells great (like vanilla and bananas) and worked great on my skin which was dry, red, sensitive, and irritated. I’ll definitely be getting a full sized one.
- Instagram, Twitter, & Snapchat– I’ve been so into my instagram, twitter, & snapchat lately. I update all of them pretty much daily. Check out my instagram for pretty pictures of pretty much every part of my life, twitter where I am more casual and interactive, & snapchat (vvml) for silly things and my cat. For some reason I haven’t really been into Facebook.
- VSCO FIlters – VSCO is my go to photo editor and lately I’ve really been feeling 04, 05, HB1, & S2.
- Garlic Tabasco – This IS so delicious. I love garlic and tabasco so this is perfect. It is a bit less hot than regular tabasco, but still delicious. I’ve been putting it on everything and almost want to carry it around in my purse.
- EC Planner & Stickers – Oh gosh, I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole and have a new hobby. I’ve been obsessed with getting stickers on Etsy for my new planner which doesn’t even start until July… Here are some of my fave shops: peachygreenpaper l virgoandpaper l shopjessicahearts
You may have noticed that I didn’t have any makeup favorites. That’s because I’ve bought SO much makeup lately that I haven’t gotten to use many products more than one or two times since I want to try all of them. Because of this I haven’t found true favorites, but expect my next favorites to have a lot of makeup. Anyways, that’s it for now. I’m thinking my next post will be my full haircare routine about how I maintain my ashy colors and such, but let me know if that’s what you guys wanna see.
Until next time,
Disclaimer: All products mentioned and linked to in this post were purchased by me besides the sample of the LUSH mask given to me by a nice SA at the Lush in Montreal. There are no sponsored or affiliated links. All opinions and thoughts are my own.