Hello all! It’s been a while, hasn’t it? Life has been crazy hectic with work, travel, and wedding planning, but in the back of my mind almost every morning when I got ready was the thought of, “omg I really like this, I need to tell someone.” So here I am, writing a favorites post.
I didn’t want to name it “April Favorites” or “Spring Favorites” because I’m not sure how often these posts will pop up. Sometimes I like the same products for months and months and other times I find new ones after a few weeks so I thought current faves would be more appropriate.
After writing this blog post, I realized it was way too long so I’ve decided to split it into two parts. So to find out what makeup, skincare, and haircare I’ve been loving, read on below and to find out what I’ve been loving in terms of fashion, food, and life, click here (will add link when post is up).
- TOO FACED HANGOVER RX PRIMER – This is a primer that I’ve had for over a year and I just repurchased it which is a big deal for me since I am such a product junkie and hardly ever finish products, not to mention buy them again. I like that it comes in a pump so it’s easy to control and also because it just feels like a moisturizer but helps to “plump” my skin up and prep it for makeup. It just feels like it’s “good” for my skin rather than a makeup product.
- HERA UV MIST CUSHION in 23 – I have so many cushions, but I keep going back to this one. On days when I feel like my skin isn’t doing well or I need a “safe” choice, this is my fall back. It gives medium coverage, looks natural, isn’t too dewy, and fades off nicely.
- LANCOME CILS BOOSTER XL – Or maybe I should say lash primers in general since this is the only one I’ve tried, but for now this is the fave. I don’t have typical “Asian lashes” that are short and point straight down, but I don’t have va-va-voom lashes either (I atribute this to my mixed heritage). But this primer gives me SO much more volume and length. The trick is to let it dry a bit before you apply the mascara.
- YSL ROUGE VOLUPTE SHINE in NO 9 NUDE IN PRIVATE – I am in love with this. It is soooo moisturizing and I feel like I can wear it even when my lips aren’t in tip top condition and the color is an awesome “my lips but better” color that goes with pretty much all eye looks. Lastly the smell is so good (like candy) and the packaging is amazing. The only thing I don’t love is the price haha.
- SK-II FACIAL TREATMENT ESSENCE – Ugh I love and hate this. I have the deluxe sample from a Sephora box and I love it because it makes my skin so much smoother and just better, but I hate it because it is so pricey. I haven’t decided if I want to buy the full-sized version.
- THE FACE SHOP ARSANITE ECO-THERAPY SUPER GEL – This is the second jar of this. I used up the first one about a year ago and didn’t think it was amazing (just good and decent enough to finish) so I bought a different moisturizer after. A few months ago I got another jar of this as a gift with purchase at The Face Shop and kept it under the sink until my skin started acting up (trying too many deluxe samples…). Once I brought this back out, I fell in love again. It is moisturizing enough for my dry skin, but sinks in nicely and doesn’t just sit on top as a oily mess and helps with my skin texture.
- SHEET MASKS – I fell off the skincare (and esp Korean skincare) train for a while and my skin truly suffered. I had to go through my collection and throw out lots of expired masks ),: but I am going through what I have left and really notice a difference in my skin now that I’ve started consistently sheet masking again.
- R&CO ANALOG CLEANSING FOAM CONDITIONER – This was sent to me by my salon as a thank you for a nice review I wrote for them on yelp (which I did totally on my own just because I love them.) I love this because it is basically a two in one so good for lazy-ness and travel (I brought it to Jamaica with me). It is super moisturizing so that I don’t even have to use detangling spray after and it is gentle and doesn’t strip my color as much. I love this so much that I’ve used up the bottle and am going to pick up another one from my salon when I get my roots done this Saturday.
- BUMBLE&BUMBLE DON’T BLOW IT – I used to not be able to air dry my hair because it would end up SO frizzy. This product makes it look almost like I blew dry my hair which is awesome because it cuts down on damage. I plan on posting a hair care routine next so stay tuned if you’re interested.
And that’s it! Be on the look out for my hair routine as well as part two of my current faves. In the meantime, feel free to leave me any comments with your thoughts on these products or you faves that you think I should try. Or anything at all! I love hearing from you all.
Disclaimer: All products mentioned and linked to in this post were purchased by me besides the R&Co Cleansing Foam Conditioner which was gifted by my salon. There are no sponsored or affiliated links. All opinions and thoughts are my own.