I thought I’d start a little series about our trip to Orlando this past summer as I think we learned a lot of little things that can help anyone planning to visit.
– We visited Universal Studios Florida & Univesral’s Islands of Adventure, Disney World (all 4 main parks + Blizzard Beach & Disney Springs), Seaworld, and Aquatica.
– This was my first trip to Orlando (and its parks), but have previously been to Disneyland & California Adventures when I was much younger.
– This was Mr. Foozy’s second trip to Orlando (and its parks). He went about 10 years ago when he was 19 with his parents and younger brother.
– We stayed for 10 days at two hotels.
– We do not currently have any children (minus miss Boba Kitty who came with us) and so this series is more adult oriented.
Now that you guys have gotten the feel of this trip, I’ll get more into the overview of this series and then I’ll give an overview of the trip. So I will be breaking this series up into the following posts (hyperlinks will be added once the posts are published):
– Overview: You’re here, silly!
– Tickets, Hotels, Travel, & Planning
– Universal Studios Florida & Univesral’s Islands of Adventure
– Disney World Parks: Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, & Animal Kingdom
– Disney Dining
– “Proposal” in Cinderella’s Castle
– Blizzard Beach & Disney Springs
– Seaworld & Aquatica
– Express Passes & Fast Passes: Are they worth it?
– Disney Magic: App, Extras, & That Something Extra
*Please note, I may not actually write the series in order as I believe most posts will make sense as stand alone entries.
Congratulations! You’ve made it through a wall of text! Haha so now I’ll get into a brief overview of the trip with some pictures to break things up.
We left from Philadelphia on 9/3 after Fooz picked my up from work. This day was basically spent getting to Orlando, picking up our rental, and dropping Boba off at Best Friends Pet Care in Disney World. I’ll cover more of that aspect in the Planning post.
The next morning we were up bright and early to explore Universal. We planned to spend two days here, but ended up finishing both parks in one day. This actually worked out great because then we spent the second intended day picking up Boba and moving to our second hotel.
We then spent the next three days at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom.
We then took a small break from Disney and spent the next two days at Seaworld and Aquatica. We also checked out the outlets on our random off afternoons/evenings.
After this we returned to Disney to finish our trip with a day starting Disney’s Blizzard Beach and continuing to Magic Kingdom and Epcot. And then one final day at Magic Kingdom & Epcot. The reason there was so much park hopping towards the end was because Magic Kingdom closed early those two days for Disney’s Night of Joy.
I am so excited to write this series to share my thoughts on all these topics! However, if you just can’t wait. I highly suggest checking out the disney food blog as it was very informative and interesting to me while I planned my trip.
Disclaimer: All products mentioned and linked to in this post were purchased by me. There are no sponsored or affiliated links. All opinions and thoughts are my own.